Saturday, September 18, 2010

How I Overcome Procrastination to Start a Blog

Once upon a time in a land far far away, there was a guy who was always procrastinating on when he will be able to set up a blog and get started with Internet revolution. In fact, it started a long time ago but I am like a dinosaur trying to learn to use roller skates when it is beginning to get out of fashion. So what is it that drives me to do it now? Why start blogging now when you could have done it ages ago? Well, it came boiling down to one video while surfing on the Web. So I guess I overcame an obstacle and that is my mind and boy, ain't it liberating. After seeing all that could be possible and all the opportunities that could probably exist out there without my minuscule worries. I should be like what Kirk should be doing on Star Trek and go boldly where no man (or in this case, myself) has gone before. And what video is so grand enough to get me moving, well it was a Carl Sagan's Pale Blue Dot.

If there is another thing I have learn is that sometimes you just got to start doing it no matter what seems to be in your way. You may drag your feet or protest but once you get cracking, you just do it. And there is no substitution to that. Let your actions dictate your mind. Hopefully this inspires you to do what you need to do if you have not done it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment