Sunday, October 3, 2010

4th Fundamental Thought – Happiness in Daily Living

Finally, we are coming to an end of our mini-series and it has been an enlightening one even for me. As I started to think about each of these topics through before writing them, I would start to think of more and more ideas which I normally not come to realize. I guess reflection or proper thought put into context and a medium could well affect the mind of a person and in a strange way allows me to be happy as well. Here is my definition of happiness; I will not say that I have found the answer to happiness but I believe that happiness is:

1. What you make of it in life and;
2. A combination of various happiness factors combined

The former point being that if you decide to make the best of what life deals to you and if you persist long enough, whatever your happiness is, it will somehow come to you. Happiness is a state of mind rather than something that is not within our control. To put it in an optimistic way, we were all born with happiness intrinsically built inside and it’s just a matter of finding a way to unlock that treasure chest and let it burst forth. I would like to borrow a quote from Zig Ziglar to illustrate this point, “Whether you believe you are right or wrong, you are RIGHT!”

As for the latter point, I stand by the principal that life is to be lived in a holistic way and the more factors that is going right in your life, the more wonderful it will be. I would consider each factor that adds on in your life becomes something like a force multiplier which in turn helps to amplify the happiness in your life. I also would like to think that by adding more happiness factors in life would be akin to developing more passive income streams but in this case its passive “happiness” income streams. So that just in case if a certain “happiness” stream goes downhill, you still have other happiness factors to back you up. I know from personal experience that when the mind is in a funk, it is much harder to get out of it than when you are at your peak. There was a statistic going around that for each bad news you receive; you would need SEVEN good news to keep you happy. I am already starting to build warehouses of “happiness” streams to keep me going and hopefully aid me and others when the time comes around. I am currently working out a list of things to put in as happiness factors based on this article. Call it a micro-article on happiness. Look forward to it tomorrow. Ciao, gotta go set it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment